Whirring Spaceship Noise Sound GSF

jdavis500

Reactions
For the last 4 weeks I have experienced a crazy whirring sound that has gotten progressively louder. *The sound was present about 95% of the time, sometimes varied in tone, rhythmic, independent of engine speed or brakes, occurs at idle or under power, nothing I did would change the sound. *When I turned the engine off, it would continue for about 0.5-1.0 second after the engine stops. I couldn't localize the sound, but it could only be heard inside the cabin. *Not from the speakers. *I finally got a chance to take it to the dealer. *They confirmed the details of the sound and after some checking found a bulletin for a fuel pump electronic*update. *The fuel pump is located under the rear driver side seat. *They had seen the problem very infrequently with the RCF, but had never seen it with a GSF yet. *They are updating the car at the moment, but seemed very confident that the update will increase the fuel pump pressure, eliminating the sound and also improving responsiveness when accelerating. *I searched and searched and couldn't find anything on this, so I thought I would post for others to reference.

etomori

Reactions
Thanks for sharing the info regarding the defective fuel pump and the factory update bulletin.