Dusty pads?

fysisist

Reactions
This is the first Lexus I've owned and one of my first observations on my F was the very dusty brake pads. I got the 20 spoke hand-polished wheels, very nice, but within a week they are pretty well coated, not to mention the calipers. So after some research I ordered Carbotech aftermarket pads and swapped them out. I've had those on about a week now so too soon to be sure. What have others done on this issue? There really didn't seem to be many options at all as far as aftermarket pads go.

double-0

Reactions
Extremely dusty and the brake noise makes it damn near embarrassing to drive, like my pads are worn or something. They have great bite but for stuck in traffic driving, they are terrible and embarrassing.

fysisist

Reactions
The Carbotech are great, but then they should be given the price. Absolutely quiet, no sqeak/sqeal. Dust is about 1/4th of what it was. Stopping is at least as good as the OEM, in fact I think it is better.

double-0

Reactions
Just got my first service done today after 8 months of ownership and only 3500 miles. Only thing I complained about the car was the pads noise and dust. Since the RC-F comes with high friction pads, this is to be expected and almost necessary from a performance standpoint but for daily driving, not so much. It's rather embarrassing. Lexus is very well aware of this customer complaint and because of this, they will warranty swap out your pads for free. It's slightly less in performance and is supposed to minimize brake dust but the drop in performance is probably not gonna be noticeable at all for daily drivers. If you share the same concern with your car, take it to your local dealer and ask about your free brake pad swap to a less noisy and less dusty pad. I have to wait couple weeks for them to receive them since they had to order it but it's not a big deal.