Track Time by Rookie

sugarlaw

Reactions
Dear Forum, below is an email I sent to the GM of my local Lexus dealer. No photos attached to this post. Sugarlaw

Joey/Sterling McCall Lexus, et al, we took the RCF to MSR Houston track yesterday/June 3, 2015. Here are my thoughts and quotes to be used as you see fit:

1. My RCF responded beautifully on the track; the traction, handling and power were near perfect
2. Tires had great grip on the track and maintained solid stick for safe handling
3. Brembo brakes were 100% reactive and did not ever soften even after much hard, aggressive driving
4. Gear Box was smooth and agile
5. Sounds were awesome especially on the straightaways
6. Down shifting was on point through many laps which had 17 multi-faceted turns
7. The seats were comfortable even with some major G forces
8. RCF is extremely safe and handled as though the car was in command
9. The naturally-aspirated V-8 took charge on the track
10.Track time in my RCF was awesome and big fun!

Photos attached. I hired Kenneth Whitmore, of Vision Builder Pro, who participated with Cole in the videoing and will take the lead in editing the final product. We had four photographers/videographers at the track which made the day very exciting. Mr. Whitmore is not only a professional but he recently bought a Lexus at SM and attended the Magic Night party last week. Hope to have video draft in about two weeks. Larry

PS: we had three cameras mounted inside the car ? see photo 5400 and I was miked with an extra mike under the hood. Can?t wait to see and hear it

Mike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great feedback. I would love to see some of the photos too.[driving]

rporter43

Reactions
Does Lexus offer a driving school for the RCF.